As I’ve mentioned before, baking is my true love. And also as I’ve said before, one can’t live off of deserts. But I’d be sorely tempted to do so with these brownies! This recipes yields some very rich, very sweet brownies – perfect for an “adult” brownie.
(sorry, no picture this time folks. I’m sure I’ll make them again in a few weeks. Besides, I’d love to see your pictures!)
To make these amazing brownies you will need to gather the following ingredients –
1 cup butter, melted
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
1T vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cups unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish (I prefer glass)
2. Combine butter, sugar, and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until well mixed and blended. Add salt and mix thoroughly.
3. Slowly add flour and cocoa powder, mixing gently. I like to add 1/4 cup at a time while using my kitchen mixer to help reduce the amount of flour that is bound to poof all over the place. After your batter is thoroughly mixed, add in your chocolate morsels.
4. Pour the batter into your baking dish and spread it out evenly. Bake in your oven for 35 minutes, or until done. They are done when a toothpick can be removed mostly free from chocolate (the chocolate chips will leave chocolate on a toothpick!!). Careful not to over cook!
4.5 Lick your spatula clean while your brownies cook. If you really want to, you can lick the bowl too.
5. Let your brownies cool before serving. Unless you are my husband, in which case cut out a large chunk and place into a deep bowl and cover with huge scoops of ice cream and enjoy =)
Hope you enjoy my delicious brownies. For once, I didn’t change much from the original recipe which can be found here.
If these brownies aren’t sweet enough for you already – they will be a perfect addition to the Snicker’s brownies I’ll be sharing tomorrow!